Monday, May 29, 2017

WEEK 45


Hard Rock Bucharest and BookFest



MONDAY 22 MAY
So Monday after we emailed the stuff we had set up to do fell through soooo we went Metro contacting and ended up in Herestrau Park.






 I talked to a Japanese lady with a superrrr cute dog and then and American dude and his daughter but turns out he's from Romania and moved away when he was 20 or something. I also got orange juice from an orange juice machine and it fresh squeezed my orange juice for me and it was freaking good even if it was a little scump (pricy.) THEN! So when we got home I was like lol my feet smell real bad so I decided to wash them in the bathtub cause forreal forreal they were STANK. So I put the plug in the hole. That's when everything went real bad. So the plug has just been sitting on the side of the bathtub for as long as I've been here and apparently that's because IF YOU PUT IT IN YOU CANNOT GET IT OUT. Our tub was full of like two inches of water and we had no way to get this water out. And like we kinda needed to shower the next day so it was important. So after exerting our best efforts (a table knife, a box cutter, and a magnet) we gave up and called the elders. Thank goodness for Elder Lemon and Elder Meek cause they just rushed right over, we let them in our building, and then I have no idea what they did because we had to stay outside while they were in our building. Like an hour and a half later they came out and were like "it's fixed" and I really have no idea how they did it but our bathtub drains now. It just doesn't really function as a bathtub because we can't put the plug in. Fun time.

TUESDAY 23 MAY
So on Tuesday we went to a member's house and made chec (pronounced almost exactly like cake but not quite). 



It's almost exactly like cake but noooot really. Like if cake had 3x as many eggs. It was good but not my favorite. Then we met with a girl named Andra who thought she'd cancelled on us but she texted the number we don't really use a whole lot so we didn't see it... oops. It was still good. We teach her English.  Then we taught English class and it actually didn't suck. Whooo-hooooo

WEDNESDAY 24 MAY
Okay. Hard day. We were gonna go help a member in her garden but she lives like an hour out in the country. So we put on pants and took a maxi taxi all the way out there and it turns out that the other sisters told her we changed to Thursday  so she was no longer expecting us. So that sucked. But then I got the call that made the day actually really suck. My good friend Alin from Bacau passed away this week. I'll talk more about that later. But it was just overall a rough day. Later that day we had to go work at BookFest. We had a booth about the Book of Mormon. It was actually pretty cool. The other sisters were there with us.


Sora Warwick started her mission in Bacau too so she was also close with Alin and we were just notttttttt having a good day so after BookFest we four went to Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. It was good. I want a TShirt but they're 139 lei (like 40 bucks) so we'll see. 


THURSDAY 25 MAY
We had BookFest first thing in the morning from 10-12.



 Then we met with Diana. She's 17 and awesome. Most of her lessons have been in English (she's been learning about the church for a year) and her English is really good but there were some questions she had about the church that I was like hold up.... so we switched to Romanian and we were able to clear up some questions she's had for a long time. It was really cool. Gift of tongues is cool. Then we got bunged but that's okay because someone randomly called us and wanted to go to McDonalds. Unfortunately that's probably the last lesson we'll have with this person.

FRIDAY 26 MAY
District meeting! Nothing super out of the ordinary. I made lemon bars and the district was happy. They were kinda gross but everyone said they were good so that's cool. Then we had lunch and then more BookFest. Then we met up with Simona and Romeo and they're just about the cutest people ever. They're saving up to go to the temple this summer to get sealed. Last time we met with them we joked about bringing lemon bars and she joked about making tiramisu and guess what? We both came through 😎 they also loved the lemon bars. And she assured us several times that her tiramisu was coffee-free and it was adorable and also super delicious. 

SATURDAY 27 MAY
WHAT A DAY. So half of Romania had a youth activity mini-MTC thing and guess who was in charge of it? My district. So we had to basically do everything and we didn't really have a whole lot of time to throw it together and at some point everything fell apart but it pulled through and was a lot of fun. Then we had (surprise) more BookFest! Two of our elders came with us because it was busier because weekend.


It was fun. We had a TV in the background playing Meet the Mormons (in Romanian) the whole time so I've watched that movie about 10 times in the last week. It's a good one if y'all are interested. That was all we did because the youth activity went until 4 and then we had BookFest from 5-7 and then an hour to travel home and we still had to weekly plan. It was a weird day. 

SUNDAY 28 MAY
So guess who got to go to BookFest instead of church? Us. I mean I think it's a little counterintuitive to send us to BookFest instead of church but they said someone had to be there the whole time it was open soooooo for the first time in a LONG time, idk at least a year I missed church. :( sad. but BookFest was cool. 



Then we came home and had lunch and finished weekly planning and then I had a lesson with my best friend. I mean literally my best friend. I got permission to Skype my friend Jane from home who's been interested in the church in the past and it was one of the best days of my entire mission. I love that girl so much. Hi Jane. Shoutout to you.  

MONDAY 29 MAY
Today I:
-slept in (oops. but our phone was in the living room so I really didn't hear the alarm. Also PDay)
-grocery shopped and BOUGHT A WATERMELON. Last week we got pineapple but watermelon was cheap this week and we're really excited.
-searched for a pizza place that no longer exists before finally giving up and going to a different pizza place.
-met some American dudes that looked like bikers with sick tattoos that are here volunteering in orphanages and NICUs playing with babies all day. They invited us to come help. We're trying to figure out if we have permission to do that.
-got yummy ice cream.

That's about it! Stay tuned for this week part two because I'm going to send out another email. love y'all!

Sora Lucy Gleason
România/Moldova Mission
July 2016-January 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment