Monday, July 24, 2017

WEEK 53

House Arrest and Spa Day


TUESDAY JULY 18
Probably the most boring day ever. Other than Wednesday. So we had to go grocery shopping in the morning because we didn't have time after the concussion and the hospital on Monday. Even though the mission president gave very specific instructions that I wasn't allowed to leave the house for two days since I was concussed.... we were out of food. It was an emergency. So we got groceries and then.... well okay, so on Monday we had an appointment with a member that we had to cancel and I felt really bad soooooo, we went to go see her on Tuesday. I did her makeup. It looked great. Then I got a bad headache so we went home and I took ibuprofen and we called the elders and asked them to cover our English class. Elder Green was really funny about it, oh my goodness, he feels so bad for concussing me. He offered to bring us medicine because he didn't know if I had any and he apologized about a million times. Honestly I still just think it's so funny. An elder gave me a concussion. How fun is that story??? Then Tuesday night I made ciorba and it was gooooood.

WEDNESDAY JULY 19
Don't worry, Mom, I actually stayed home all day Wednesday. In the morning, we blew a circuit because I guess there was something wrong with our lightbulbs??? Idk. So we had to call our landlord and he sent an electrician over to change all of our lightbulbs. I made a planner cover and taught my companions how to play Rummy and I made a cake. Hold up. Lemme tell y'all about this cake. So it's called a Kentucky butter cake but I call it the Paula Deen cake because it seriously uses like three cups of butter. It was one of my favorite things at home so last week I googled the recipe and decided to make it. It's supposed to be a bundt cake and we don't have a bundt pan so I had to kinda just wing it in a casserole dish. But oh my goodness it was glorious. Seriously I'm amazed it turned out thought because baking here is always a mess because everything is different. But it was bombbbb.




THURSDAY JULY 20
On Thursday I officially became a baba. I've been a missionary for a year. How disgusting is that. I was finally allowed to leave the house. We went to the office to grab refunds for some stuff and then ran to Piata Unirii for lunch. Since it was my year mark I was like hmmmm #treatyoself so we went to Starbucks so I could get a frap. We knew the guy working that day and he wouldn't let me pay. He just wouldn't take my money.  Then we went to go visit a friend at her job. After that, we weekly planned. 

FRIDAY JULY 21
District meeting! So we had a normal district meeting, buuuut we also had spa day. That was fun. The elders had no idea how to wash their faces and they all used my pink headbands.





 I also brought my makeup so I could put a face on after district meeting without having to go home and so the elders were like "teach us about makeup" so I taught them about makeup and they were so confused about the difference between a primer and a concealer and it was just really funny. So spa day was fun. Then we visited Sora Sergentu and I got to help her put all her family history on family search :)))) I love family history so much. We visited Sora Florica after that and she gave us ice cream and was just adorable. She has polio. Lots of people here do. She lectured us for like twenty minutes about why vaccinations are freaking important and I was just like yeah. You right. When we got home, I called a member from Cluj because it was her birthday and six months ago I promised I'd say happy birthday and she didn't believe me. Ha. I win :) She was so happy it made my day. 

SATURDAY JULY 22
English! After English we went home for lunch + to change because we were going on a pioneer day hike with the YSA and some investigators. 




It was SO MUCH FUN. We found this old abandoned building that looked like a church but turned out to be a weird crypt thing. 



SO COOL. It was crazy hot and the mosquitos were eating us alive but it was such a fun day. Oh man. 




SUNDAY JULY 23
Church! I translated again. I love translating. We almost always have some American visitors in addition to the senior couple. So the way translating here works at least in this branch is they all have a headset and then I sit in the back with a microphone. Occasionally I have no idea what someone is talking about or they say a joke that just doesn't translate well and also I'm me, so I throw in commentary every once in a while (like "she's quoting a scripture and I didn't catch the reference but it's probably the Old Testament because it doesn't make any sense") and it's always fun to watch the English speakers react to my translations. I usually get a few laughs. It's great. After church we came home and made quesadillas for lunch. With homemade tortillas because somehow I've turned into a great cook. Whaaaaaat? And Sora Lehr made cookies because that night, one of the elders here was doing a piano concert. He's crazy good. So we went to that and then came home.

MONDAY JULY 24
Holy guacamole. So this morning we went to the mall because Sora Sterrett decided she wanted to start wearing makeup and she wanted help buying stuff. She ended up buying one of the palettes that I own because last week I did her makeup and she fell in love with this palette. And now she owns a lot of really good makeup because we went to Sephora and I'm jealous. Also I'm feeling shopper's remorse secondhand for her because she spent a lotttttt of money. But it was fun to shop for makeup but not actually lose any of my own money lol. Then we got stopped by some mall kiosk girl and she curled my hair and was just a lot of fun to talk to. We got her number :) She was super cute. And now I'm emailing. Hi friends. 

Sora Lucy Gleason
România/Moldova Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment