Monday, November 21, 2016

WEEK 18

Trio Trio Trio Whaaaaaat?

WELL, first of all before I do my weekly recap I know y'all all wanna hear about TRANSFERS! I'm staying in Bacau for another six weeks (I  pretty much already knew that), but I'm going to have two companions. Trio! One of my companions will be Sora Yost who just got done training my MTC companion. And the other will be... Sora Letinu! She's from Romania and she's serving here while she waits for her visa to go to the Dominican Republic (I think.)


ANYWAY.
MARTI 15 NOIEMBRIE (Tuesday)
So Tuesday morning we had apartment inspections! We passed with flying colors. That took up most of our morning, so afterward we just made tacos and had lunch. Sora Kitchen makes the tortillas and oh my goodness, they're so good. I forgot to get her recipe though and NOW SHE'S GONE AND I'M SAD but that's not about Tuesday. After lunch we weekly planned and then went to English early to meet with Tereza. She brought us pumpkin bread and it was awesome. Then Gabriela came to English early as well and sat in on our discussion about the plan of salvation! They're both Catholic. They talk a lot so we only got through half of it. Then it was English. I still hate English. Vlad came after and we had a member lesson with him. He brought cookies. 

MIERCURI 16 NOIEMBRIE (Wednesday)
Super full day because Sora Kitchen was saying goodbye to everyone. We had lunch with Andreea and then visited our friend Ella (she's 18) in the hospital. Romanian hospitals are so sketchy. They're like 85 degrees inside and there's no check in desk. You can just walk right in and up to the rooms. Nothing smells like antibacterial/antiseptic/clean stuff. It smells like rotting flesh. Patients provide their own food and everyone's IV looks infected and bloody. I never wanna go back. Then we visited the Balaseis. She gave us cake. Sora Kitchen tried to tell them my name is Gleason like Jackie Gleason (they cannot ever remember my name) and they were like who's Jackie Gleason? So she tried to explain that he acted with Lucille Ball. They didn't know who she was either. The conversation ended with Sora Balasei yelling "I LOVE YOU LUCY. TV SHOW. I LOVE YOU LUCY" in Fratele Balasei's ear because he's almost deaf. She yelled "I LOVE YOU LUCY" about a hundred times. I felt really loved. Also some random guy later that night started yelling (in English) that Trump is a traiter and he's with the Jews and should be burned, and also he was born in Pakistan. What?

JOI 17 NOIEMBRIE (Thursday)
We drove to a little town about 45 minutes away called Roman. We met with Dan and Nicolai to teach the restoration but they just asked us to take them to America. We said no.  FHE was a goodbye party for Sora Kitchen. The food was awesome and it was really fun. Also I heard that Trump refused his salary. Is this true? Why does the president even get paid? Who makes the president pay for stuff...?

VINERI 18 NOIEMBRIE (Friday) 
District meeting! The AP skyped in and made us do roleplays in Romanian. Ha. I was like, uhhhhh, whyyyyy do I have to do this? Then afterward he said that my Romanian was really good and he was really impressed and also I have a good accent. Score for me. We met with Bianca and she had made Sora Kitchen a goodbye cake. It was so cute. Visited Fratele Iancu who lives in the country. He's nice but eccentric. We ordered pizza for dinner that night and then after the pizza guy left he texted us a winky face. Ha. Probably won't be ordering from Luca's anymore..... It was a good day.

SAMBATA 19 NOIEMBRIE
Transfer boards came out! And then we taught English. We went and did an escape room with Andreea and Vlad and then had a mini goodbye party for Sora Kitchen.  It was really fun.






DUMINICA 20 NOIEMBRIE
I didn't write in my journal so I don't really remember. Uhhhh, yeah nothing. Wait. Church and then we came home and Sora Kitchen packed. I rearranged the furniture. We both cried. I miss her. We saw Dragos. He says hi.

LUNI 21 NOIEMBRIE
Sad sad sad day. We did a bunch of laundry and cleaned the apartment and had lunch with Andreea and met with Dragos and then took Sora Kitchen to the gara (train station) and she got on the train and now she's gone and I'm SO SAD.



 My new companions get here tomorrow so I'm staying with the senior couple tonight. They gave me cookies.


pa! va iubesc!

Threw this photo in even though it's old just to make you all jealous!

Sora Lucy Gleason
România/Moldova Mission
July 2016-January 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment