Monday, November 28, 2016

WEEK 19

Slowest week of my Liiiiiiiife

It snowed here today. There are lights on the streets everywhere and huge Christmas trees. They have parades and dress up like bears and goats to scare away evil spirits or something. 



The trio is cool; New comps are cool. Sister Letinu is leaving on December 6th for Domincan Republic, so pretty soon. I remember zero Spanish and she speaks it fluently haha. 


Sister Letinu from Romania on the Left and Sister Yost from Hawaii on the Right

MARTI 22 NOIEMBRIE
So Tuesday morning at 11am my new companions got to the train station. Sora Yost is going home in February and Sora Letinu is Romanian and she's leaving to the Dominican Republic MTC on December 6th. I actually know Bacau better than I thought because we only got lost once. Not much happened on Tuesday.

Wednesday
We went grocery shopping. I got packages from my mom. Thanks for the Cheetos and poptarts like, for real, I was so happy. We had a lesson with a less active and his nonmember fiance and son. They showed us America's got talent videos for like an hour and we didn't know how to tell them to not do that so, oops. Not a super busy day.

Thanksgiving



I  made green bean casserole and lemon bars instead of studying. Then we visited Dan at his work. Then Thanksgiving lunch. It was pretty good. All the normal Thanksgiving food. We ate a ton and then went to visit Margo. She fed us another dinner and I thought we were going to explode. 

Friday
District meeting. Took a cab to one of our member's houses and the cab driver thought I was Moldovan and was really surprised that I was a Californian who'd only been in Romania for three months. Another boring useless day. We didn't do anything this week and it was kinda awful.

Saturday
We had our English class sign up day. 60 people signed up. I have no idea where they're all gonna sit because we only have forty five chairs. We ordered pizza because we were at the church from 10-2 and the pizza guy signed up for English and said he'd bring us a pizza to every class. Two hours later he snuck in the door and put a pizza on a chair and disappeared. It was the highlight of my week. 

Sunday
Our district president (the equivalent of a stake president in the states) was here on Sunday. It was good. We visited Kinga. She thinks a temple recommend is a visa to get to America. Uh, Nope. 

Monday
Had KFC. Sora Letinu went to the dentist. Not much happened.


I still love the Graffiti here.

Fun facts:
"I Want to Break Free" by Queen is on the radio ALL THE TIME here and I love it.
Sora Kitchen apparently bought fabric softener not actual detergent the last time we bought some so for the past few weeks my clothes have been really soft but not very clean.

Have a great week!


Sora Lucy Gleason
România/Moldova Mission
July 2016-January 2018

1 comment:

  1. Sora Gleason,
    I absolutely LOVE reading your blog and following your work in the worlds FREEZER.
    We have a Sister Missionary in Creekside ward, Sister Hupp from Minneapolis. Her sister served in your mission awhile back. I will find out from her the dates. Small world right.
    I just laughed out loud when reading about your really soft dirt. hehehehe
    Rodger and I have a friend, who obviously is single. I had Matt bring his laundry over one time to help him out. He only brought me Downy. I asked him where his laundry soap was and he informed me that he has been using Downy for the last 2 months. Needless to say I went to his house... took ALL of his clothes and ran them through 2 loads of laundry with TIDE and hot water. Absolutely amazing at the good a Tide laundry pod can do. (it was also all I could do to NOT slap him for stupidity} Oy vay.
    Lucy, just know that the 209 has you in our thoughts, prayers and we think of you often.
    Thank you for your service... say a prayer for me ;) Stay warm...
    We love you up to the stars and back again.....
    Rodger & Julie Chesley
    Chad, Saren & Spencer Sommerville

    ReplyDelete