Monday, November 7, 2016

WEEK 16

There was literally a hole in the baptismal font....

MARTI 1 NOIEMBRIE
First of all I can't really believe it's November already. I feel like I just barely left, but here I am at almost four months... crazy. On Tuesday I finally got my visa! It's adorable. I'm actually smiling in my picture and it's so cute. Now I'm legal to stay here for two more years! Then we went to go see Vlad at work. He works behind the piata (like a farmer's market) so while we were walking through that to get to him, Sora Kitchen bought a bunch of beeswax candles and a giant wooden fork. She's leaving in two weeks and her suitcases are overweight. I don't know why she keeps buying stuff. We also bought zacusca from a really sweet old lady and she ended up giving us like six squashes for free. We don't know what to do with them. Then we found out that Bacau actually didn't have a baptismal font hidden in the basement, and we had a baptismal date like five days away. So we freaked out a little. But they said they were sending a font up. Then we had a lesson and I swear this lady switches back and forth from Italian to Romanian and talks so dang fast because I understood NOTHING. Then we taught English. I still really hate teaching English.



Cool Grafiti

MIERCURI 2 NOIEMBRIE
Rough day. Crazy former investigator somehow got our number again and called us and harassed us. We had to wait all day at the church for the delivery people to get there with the font. They never showed up. We didn't do anything else.


My Winter Coat


JOI 3 NOIEMBRIE
We had to wait for the delivery people again. We met with a few members. We ordered a pizza and it got to the church at the same time as the font delivery people. Awkward. Then family home evening! The members wanted to watch Surf's Up so we watched Surf's Up. It feels really weird to watch movies as missionaries. I don't enjoy it but a) we have to go to FHE and b) the members just wanna watch movies. Then we went to the gara (train station) to pick up Margo! She was baptized in Bucuresti a year ago. Sora Kitchen taught her, actually. She just moved to Bacau and we're SO excited to have her!! She's so great. 

VINERI 4 NOIEMBRIE
One of the pieces of the font didn't get delivered and we had to fix it. There was a hole. Oh joy. 



Elder Aleman doesn't understand that Margo (new member) speaks English so he said some really rude things in front of her about her. I ate a mango.

SAMBATA 5 NOIEMBRIE
Printed programs for Dragos' baptism. Wrote my talk for the baptism. Fixed the hole in the font. Taught English.
Dragos got baptized! 



It was so great. I cried. Sister Kitchen cried. Two of our investigators came and said it was really cool.  As soon as he got out of the water he smiled and said "I am a Mormon!" It was awesome. He bore his testimony and it was SO GOOD. 





On a lighter note--totally unrelated,  Vlad spilled juice on his pants and it looked like he peed himself. It was a great day.

DUMINICA 6 NOIEMBRIE
Fasting is great and all but I get so dang cranky when I don't eat. But it was a good day. Dragos bore his testimony again. The whole meeting was awesome. After church Dragos wanted to come street contacting with us. He kept telling us the best way to do it but then he got scared and didn't talk to anyone. It was kinda funny. Sora Kitchen and I went home and planned, and then we went over to the Alemans for dinner. Dragos came too. We had weird rice casserole. It was good though. Then we came home. Good day.

LUNI 7 NOIEMBRIE
We mailed some stuff (sorry, the only people getting letters this week are my parents and Mikey), payed bills, had lunch, cleaned, and then came to email. The Alemans were using the computers at the church.....

AND THAT WAS MY WEEK.

Sora Lucy Gleason
România/Moldova Mission
July 2016-January 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment